Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

My daughter and the Iphone

My daughter has been watching Mickey Mouse videos on YoutTube from my Iphone non stop. She has been doing this consistently for the last week or so. It's got to a point of addiction. She literally asks for it first thing in the morning and it's the last thing she does at night. She even asks for it in the car or when we're here at the office. When it loads too slow she gets frustrated and cries. And when I don't give it to her she throws a fit. I feel like I just gave away my cell phone. Wow. Who would've thought at this age, kids can have this kind of addiction.

The Iphone has so much apps to offer. For instance, it has games that we all grew up to: Bejeweled, Tetris, Pacman etc and it's also has the newer games like Fruit Ninka, angry birds and so forth. It has an in built navigation and compass but if you want to go high tech you can download the AT&T navigation app which cost $9.99/month or $69.99 for the whole year. This app offers turn-by-turn voice driving directions, automatic re-routing if you miss a turn and real time traffic updates. Check it out on Itunes for more info.

I'm now in the merge of buying a new Iphone with a bigger gig or sticking to this 8gig I have and wait for the Iphone 5. When I first bought this I thought there would be no way I would use up all this memory. Now I find myself deleting apps and songs to accommodate my phone's functioning ability.  I love listening to music so my phone is filled with them. And downloading from Itunes is a breeze! Especially if your into shows like The Voice, it's so easy to vote for your favorite singer. It's really a must have!

Other then the games and apps it offers, it has some educational apps available for download too.There are apps for kids where it teaches them their ABC's, 123's and flashcards. The cool thing about it is that, not only is it just pictures but it actually vocalizes the image. It's pretty neat. Really helpful for those "super moms" who's always on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment