Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Blue or Pink?!?


I thought morning sickness and hormonal headaches are suppose to be gone by now?!? Why am I still getting them???

I've been anticipating on the gender of my unborn child. Since I already have a 2-year old girl, my husband and I were hoping for a baby boy this time. I've been doing a little bit of research. I read about this test you can buy over the counter called, "Intelligender" where it claims it can detect the gender of your baby as early as five weeks. Since the reviews weren't that great on Amazon.com, I decided to pass up on it.  There is also an ancient Chinese Birth Calendar which the results are based on your lunar age and the month of conception. The only problem with this is there is at least three different versions online. I went to www.chinesegenderchart.info and it predicted that I was going to have a boy and then on /www.webwomb.com/chinesechart and it predicted I was going to have a girl. So even though some claim that it can be over 90% accurate, it depends which Chinese Calendar you happen to land on. Another method some women have done are gender prediction tests based on old wives tales you can take online. But just like the Chinese Birth Calender, it really depends which website you go too. I went to www.parents.com and the results was a girl. However, most of the comments from other women on that site said it wasn't accurate.

There are more accurate tests to determine the gender of your baby. Amniocentesis is a test performed by your physician if you're older then 35 years old, have had an abnormal ultrasound or have a history of birth defects in your family. It's main purpose is determining if your child has birth defects but it is also very accurate in determining the sex of your baby. Another more popular alternative is an ultrasound test. Usually performed 18-22 weeks, it's 99% accurate in determining the sex of your baby. Positioning of your fetus is very critical to the results. Some doctor's office also have available a 3D ultrasound, which they claim they can tell the gender of your baby as early as 14 weeks.

I've read and been told by some technicians that boys are easier to tell then girls and you can even tell as early as 12 weeks. Boy parts develop much quicker then girls.
With this being said, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for a 3D ultrasound at Prenatal Peek Clinic. I had the lady check twice because I couldn't believe it. I'm having a GIRL! It wasn't what I expected, but I'm certainly thrilled about it! Some people are saying that I got it too early. But I will be having another ultrasound in the next few weeks for a more definite result. I'll keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment