Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Anthony's robot

My nephew is simply amazing!!! He's spending the whole month of June in Seattle with his dad and he sent this video to his mom yesterday. It's a little over a minute long and you'll see what I'm talking about.


I've never met a kid at 10 years old use the word "interesting" let alone do a robot project in the middle of summer when he could be outside playing or playing video games. But he's a regular growing boy who's well into those things too. But he's all around very talented and smart, and he just excels in everything he does. From snowboarding, to school to MMA. I know just why his mom praises him the way she does. I remember last year my husband called him to talk about UFC. He was only nine years old then but could carry a conversation with an adult easily. And just a few weeks back, we got into a conversation about exorcism and that led to other topics and I was there for literally 30 minutes listening to him.

It's no surprise to us that he does all these things. In fact, i think we always look forward to the other adventures he does in his life. We're just amazed at what creative thoughts get in his head. I mean, at 10, i never thought about trying to build a robot. I just wanted to play outside with my friends or watch TV.

What was my sister's secret?!? I often asked her this. She read to him and thought him and all that other good stuff, which is good. But it didn't stop there. One of her BIG things is talking positivity into his life. She never kicked him down and always believed in him and verbalized it everyday. Even when he says "I'm not good enough" she always told him to keep trying. It may sound cliche', but I think hearing that from a young age has molded his brain to thinking he can do anything- and that's what he believes in. He was exposed to all sorts of things at such a young age. With doing so, may of those things has become his hobby and motivation. He's such an awesome kid.

Our children are a reflection of us; They represent us. We're their first role models in life. We're not called 'Mother" for nothing. Whether we realize it or not, we are the first teachers in their lives (teacher of life.. haha i like that).


"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible"  ~Marion C. Garretty, quoted in A Little Spoonful of Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment